Rabu, 29 Mei 2013

5 Creative Ideas for Walls + 1 Helpful Idea

As I try to get back into the swing of things around here, I've been on my usual haunts; Pinterest, Décor Pad, Tumblr, Houzz, StumbleUpon, blogs, online magazines, etc., etc. looking for inspiration.  I found exactly that and then some!
 
Chalk board paint in a intricate stencil design
 
I am so impressed by this!  First of all, I really can't imagine whose home this is in!  I mean, it couldn't be mine, only because my two would be so intrigued by it until there is no way at all it would remain this clean and in tact!  I wonder if there is some sort of spray they used to seal the chalk to the wall?  But then, what if you later wanted to change the design?  Anyhoo, I love it all the same!

1"x6" plywood boards wrapped in metallic grasscloth
 
Okay, so I have some left over plywood (20" squares) from making Gillian's headboard a few years ago in my garage that I could totally use to do something like this with.  I'm always buying remnants of fabric that have gone on sale at different stores, so I'm sure I have something that I could use somewhere in my home where a statement would be made by doing this.  I like the idea of using longer pieces too.  Hmmm...let me give this one a little more thought!

DIY wall art using Styrofoam and fabric
 
I always have around the house canvases of different sizes for paint projects for the kids.  I could do something like this using paint and stencils, as well as fabric or wrapping paper!  I just bought the coolest wrapping paper from TJ Maxx a couple of months ago thinking I would use it in Gillian's room when we do her makeover.  So many ideas...

Frames filled with corkboards for kids artwork

Bingo!  I am so doing this for that little girl!  Oh my gosh, I cannot begin to tell you how many pictures she draws in a weeks time!  And all of them, she expects you to keep and display prominently somewhere!  She can change them out at her whim and also have the satisfaction of seeing it displayed for as long as she likes!  Well, here we go!  Problem solved!  NEXT!!!
 

Thrift store frames glued to wooden boxes
 
I just like this idea because it makes for a really nice wall composition.  Simply by getting thrift store or flea market frames and attaching them to the appropriately sized boxes; you have a very nice way to display small treasures that would otherwise be looked at as clutter anywhere else!

Gallery wall art templates
 
Creating a gallery wall just got easier!  I wasn't going to post this one because I felt like just because I do this when considering the placement of frames and art, you do it as well.  In the event that you didn't know to do this, it makes life so much easier to get some paper; I typically use craft paper because it's a little bit stiffer.  Trace the outline of the frame and cut it out.  Oh, before you cut it out, mark where the hanger is on the backside of the frame onto the paper or just measure it out and mark it.  That way once you figure out your placement, all you have to do is place your picture hangers, hang the frame or art, and then gently pull the paper away from the wall!  Voila!  Gallery wall complete with only the holes that you are using!
 
 
 
Make it AMAZING!
Rhonda
 
*All Images can be found via my Pinterest Creative Ideas board


1 komentar:

  1. Hi,

    Nice post about Home Design which I am finding since long time .I found same helpful info from Room Designing article.I have followed your instructions and read a lot about Room Designing. this is a great tips.

    Best Regards,
    Susan

    More information about me visit me at : Polycarbonate Multiwall Sheet

    BalasHapus

© 2011 Decor Interior Design, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena